Friday, January 23, 2009

January 22 2009

Rejoined Weight Watchers last week and had my first weigh-in. Lost 4 lbs. I was quite pleased with it considering I wasn't the most disciplined this week.

Had a crash before Christmas, and my ribs are still very sore. To the point of not being able to sleep at night from the pain. Being at home surrounded by food didn't help over the Christmas and with other family problems I managed to eat all round me. Still, last week I decided to go back to classes and do something about it.

Starting Week 2 has been a bit better. I've managed to stick to points today, and feel I ate fairly healthy and still managed to squeeze in a treat. I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'm doing the yoga on the Wii Fit to help with stretching my ribs. It's quite sore to stretch, but hopefully between that and physio it'll get better soon.

I was reading the WW UK forums this morning when I came across this pearl of wisdom. It was in response to a poster who was disappointed at her 1 lb loss:

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

No comments: