Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Biblical Adventure

So yesterday, went to get my X-Ray results and get certified to go back to work after the crash, when the doctor told me that some sort of heart abnormality showed up on the X-Ray. He referred me to a cardiologist. I rang to make an appointment, and decided to enquire how much the appointment was. Was I in for a shock! €440. While, yes, I have VHI, and can claim it back at the end of the year, it's still a whopper of a charge. Especially as I've been off sick for the last 7 weeks and have hardly any money and still bills to pay.


In a moment of madness then last night I decided to go and see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" in Dublin. Asked OH if he wanted to go Friday, but he couldn't get off work early to go. Then decided to ask my sister. She said either Saturday or Sunday were good. I decided on Saturday, all the while thinking that there was something else happening. Once the tickets were booked, I realised it - The Ireland V France rugby match in Dublin! What a dilema. As the tickets were non-refundable, the decision was made...



Just back. What an adventure. Got to the station this morning at 8:35am. Planning on getting the 8:55 train. Not a hope in hell due to the match. There was a chance to get the 10:24 train, but they couldn't guarantee a seat. Bearing in mind that the journey takes about 2 and a half hours, and the show was starting at 2pm, it was cutting it tight. We decided to get a bus. Bus takes a bit longer, slightly over 3 and a half hours. They couldn't guarantee it would arrive on time due to weather conditions and match traffic. We had just missed the bus by 5 mins, so the next one was 9:30, due into Dublin for 13:10.... cutting it tight if there were any delays. I met a lovely nun on the bus and she was giving us advice of how to get there should we be pushed for time. The journey was spent praying that we'd arrive on time - and we did! Then the mad scatter to get to the box office to get our tickets. Made it there with 20 minutes to spare - phew!


The show began, and I was spellbound. I'd only ever seen the DVD version with Donny Osmond, and this production was fantastic. One of the finalists from "Any Dream Will Do" was playing Joseph. We had such a laugh, and they played a medley and a few extra songs at the end. The audience were going wild. It finished just after 4 and then we quickly nipped into McD's for a big mac and then quickly to the train station. Got the 5:05 train, just as the match was kicking off, but had regular calls from my sister giving me reports on how well we were doing.


All in all, it was a fantastic day.

No comments: