Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another new year

Wow, where did 2009 go to? It seemed to fly by, or maybe as I get older the years go quicker too.
2009 marked the 10th anniversary of my first going to Weight Watchers, and unfortunately I weigh heavier now than I did then! If only I could discipline myself to stick to plan. Well, come Thursday I'm going back to classes and hopefully I'll stick to it this time. Things have come a long way since 123 Success 2000.

A new year and new beginnings. I've started a new job in work so thankfully shift work is no more. I won't be sad to see the back of the nights. I'll be doing a 4 day week, so 3 days off is good :) This time last year I was off sick from work after the bike crash. 2008 saw the last of the bike - goodbye your Majesty. While it was cheap to run tax-wise and petrol-wise, there just was no protection. I'm pretty much fully recovered apart from an area on my arm that has a bit of nerve damage.

Recently we got a HUGE chest freezer so the plan is to bulk cook and freeze, which just wasn't possible before with the limited freezer room. Soups and sauces here I come! I'm also determined to make more use of the slow cooker. I read recently to make a list of 10 good recipes, and when you go shopping to bring 5 with you to shop for ingredients. I think it's something I'm going to try for the next few weeks to see how it goes.

Thursday is looming. Return to classes should be good though. I've also a work dinner to attend on Wednesday. I'm going to try and make wise food choices. My only problem is I'm a finicky eater. I'm not a great meat eater, don't like anything on the bone. Hopefully there will be a good choice :)

No comments: